- Buyer's Guide
Manfrotto MB PL-220 Instagram Competition
A few months back, Manfrotto announced its merger with Carryology favorite, Kata and we promptly filed it in our ‘good news’ folder – historically, an awesome brand plus an awesome brand = more awesome! So we were eager to see how it developed (pun intended).
Today, to celebrate their new coupling, Manfrotto are offering up their MB PL-220 aka Bumblebee backpack to one camera-loving carryologist, and if its Bumblebee-like curves jolt your memory, then good, it’s the sister of Kata’s version of the same name – we reviewed an early iteration in 2012 – but draped in Manfrotto’s signature, red and black.
Why’s it rad?
Simple: it’s lightweight, fits most carry-on, offers up great protection for your beloved camera tech, has top and bottom access, and looks damn slick. And if you’re a photography ninja or ninja-in-training, and keen to lug around your full DSLR system with a 17″ laptop or tablet (so you can DL your work on the fly), then this will suit nicely.
What gear can it take?
It can swallow two to three DSLR camera bodies, up to eight lenses (including a 500mm with its tripod mount dismantled) as well as flashes and accessories.
Other highlights include:
- Tripod Holder / Modular CPS Dividers
- Rear Trolley Sleeve
- Water Repellent
- Removable Rain Cover
- External Organizer Pockets
- Modular Removable Cocoon Pouches
How do you win?
– Upload an awesome travel pic to Instagram that makes us laugh, cry or just want to pass in our resignations and climb aboard a metal bird and fly away to some far-flung paradise that serves stiff drinks in hollowed-out coconuts…
– Tag @Carryology and @Manfrottoimaginemore
– Use hashtag: #cameracarry
Here’s a fun example of how to ‘make us laugh’ taken from the Instagram page of our senior editor, Taylor Welden (hope you don’t mind mate, ha!) on his recent trip to Istanbul.
NOW GET SNAPPING!! Competition closes 20th October.