- Buyer's Guide
WIN a One-Off Custom Pack from Rucksack Village!
James Kamo, the master bag maker from Rucksack Village, likes to get to know the people he’s designing for. So, when we paired him up with three of our Carryology crew, we got three awesome (and very different) custom packs in return. And now we’re giving them to you!
Read on to find out more…
When designing a bag, James gets to know what his customer carries, where they go, what their habits or idiosyncrasies might be – even whether they’re left- or right-handed. The three packs he crafted for us are vastly different, because while our Senior Editor Taylor roams the outdoors, co-founder Andy travels a lot, and retail specialist Luke is more of a man about town. Watch James bring these bags to life for each persona over here – but make sure you come back and enter to win one. Because there’s nothing like seeing these bags in person to fully appreciate James’s craft. 😉
The Taylor Outdoor Pack
Taylor Welden is an industrial designer, Carryology Senior Editor, and full-on carry geek. Taylor loves to roam. Be it camping, hiking, or seeking answers to the question: “What’s around the next corner?” The Taylor Outdoor Pack is a bag designed to hold camping gear, that’s stylish enough for urban environments too.
Win ‘The Taylor’
1) Post an outdoor-inspired Carry ID on Instagram or Twitter (check out #mycarryID on Instagram for inspiration).
2) Include #mycarryid and #thetaylor hashtags on your post, and tag @Carryology.
The Andy Travel Pack
Product designer, Carryology co-founder, and traveler Andy Fallshaw was keen for a bag that could help him zip between work and play. A piece that would keep his essentials close at hand on the move, serve as a reliable travel companion, and exude a little city-chic along the way.
Win ‘The Andy’ Travel Pack
1) Post a travel-inspired Carry ID on Instagram or Twitter (check out #mycarryID on Instagram for inspiration).
2) Include #mycarryidand #theandy hashtags and tag @Carryology.
The Luke Everyday Pack
Luke Cahill helped launch Carryology’s concept store. He’s also a former DJ, drummer, suit and vinyl collector, lover of all things navy, and one pretty smooth individual. His pack needed to handle the commute to work and university with a little urban style in the mix.
Win ‘The Luke’ Everyday Pack
1) Post your everyday Carry ID on Instagram or Twitter (check out #mycarryID on Instagram for inspiration).
2) Include #mycarryid and #theluke hashtags and tag @Carryology.
And hey, if you’re a little shy, you can enter this way too.
1) Subscribe to the Carryology Store newsletter (scroll to the bottom of the page).
2) Email email@example.com and let us know your name and which pack you’d like to win and why you’d like to carry it home. 🙂
Big congrats to Yuka W (The Andy), Stephen N (The Luke) and Brandon T (The Taylor), you’ve won yourselves one really special pack each! Make sure to take some snaps and send ’em to us! 🙂