- Buyer's Guide
Best Carry On Bags
Red Oxx Sky Train Backpack Hybrid Convertible Carry-on Bag
avg. reader score
Looking for a carry-on bag with flexible portability and hard-wearing construction? The Red Oxx Sky Train is just the ticket, with a versatile design that suits work and play environments. A choice of top and side grab handles, a removable non-slip shoulder strap, plus stowable backpack straps give you the freedom to alternate between carry modes. Handmade in the USA, the Sky Train comes with a "No Bull" lifetime warranty and offers two compartments for storing your gear. Compression straps in the main compartment help keep clothes tidy, while the secondary compartment includes an interior pocket for smaller items. There's also a full-length exterior pocket for stashing quick-access items within easy reach.
- Durable construction with a lifetime warranty
- Hybrid design with multiple carry options
- Choice of compartments for storing gear
the not so good
- Lacking in a range of pockets for organizing smaller items
- No dedicated storage for tech devices; users will need to provide their own padded sleeves for protection
As much as we’d love to, we're just not able review every piece of carry in the world. But rest assured, we've done the research (so you don't have to) to make sure this piece is awesome. For us, it ticks all the boxes of what makes great carry and we're stoked to recommend it.
Oh, and if you’ve been lucky enough to carry this yourself, let us know about your experience. Submit your reader review here.
avg. reader score
- 20"L x 9"W x 13"H / 50.8cm L x 22.7cm W x 33cm H
- 2,340 cubic inches / 38 Liters
- 4 Pounds / 1.81 Kilos
- 1000D urethane-coated CORDURA® Nylon